A Great Big World - Already Home (Starring Darren Criss & Jessica Szohr)
You know, in case you haven’t already died from watching this video ten million times.
Darren is so damn appealing. It’s insane.
This is the very best commercial I have ever seen in my entire life. If you want to feel amazing today, watch it. I was floored by the message at the end about the privilege of “witnessing happiness.” Never thought about it like that.
Lifestyle photographer Grace Chon recently turned the camera on her 10-month-old baby Jasper and their 7-year-old rescue dog Zoey, putting them side-by-side in the some of the most adorable portraits ever.
Happy Birthday, Anne Lamott, born 10 April 1954
10 Anne Lamott Quotes On Writing
- My gratitude for good writing is unbounded; I’m grateful for it the way I’m grateful for the ocean.
- You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
- We write to expose the unexposed. If there is one door in the castle you have been told not to go through, you must. The writer’s job is to turn the unspeakable into words - not just into any words, but if we can, into rhythm and blues.
- For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean; they show us how to live and die.
- Don’t be afraid of your material or your past. Be afraid of wasting any more time obsessing about how you look and how people see you. Be afraid of not getting your writing done.
- Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul. When writers make us shake our heads with the exactness of their prose and their truths, and even make us laugh about ourselves or life, our buoyancy is restored. We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It’s like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. You can’t stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship.
- I don’t think you have time to waste not writing because you are afraid you won’t be good at it.
- You are lucky to be one of those people who wishes to build sand castles with words, who is willing to create a place where your imagination can wander. We build this place with the sand of memories; these castles are our memories and inventiveness made tangible. So part of us believes that when the tide starts coming in, we won’t really have lost anything, because actually only a symbol of it was there in the sand. Another part of us thinks we’ll figure out a way to divert the ocean. This is what separates artists from ordinary people: the belief, deep in our hearts, that if we build our castles well enough, somehow the ocean won’t wash them away. I think this is a wonderful kind of person to be.
- Almost all good writing begins with terrible first efforts. You need to start somewhere.
- Because this business of becoming conscious, of being a writer, is ultimately about asking yourself, How alive am I willing to be?
Lamott is an American novelist, non-fiction writer, and writing teacher. Her non-fiction works deal with alcoholism, single motherhood, depression and Christianity. She is most famous for Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.
Source for Image
|—||Unknown (via aphreodite)|
This renovated home located in Stockholm, Sweden has a unique sense of style features open plan living, straight lines, ceiling beams and bright and beautiful materials. Details such as white-oiled pine floors give a unique character to the dwelling. The home also offers three balconies with incredible views of the city and the canal, a grand front hall entrance, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.